[Cialug] Intel providing open source video card drivers.

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:12:16 CDT 2006

Intel has said this is a first step so hopefully they'll be providing
AGP/PCI-X cards that will have OS drivers too.

Also, AMD/ATI has been rumored to be going in that direction and the
announcement by Intel might be the last push they need to go forward with
it.  I'd say hold off on putting together that system for a few more months
and you might have a few cards to choose from.

-Gamble