[Cialug] Iowa Computer shows/sales?

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Wed Apr 12 17:17:32 CDT 2006

You might be looking for swap meets.  I've seen those come up occasionally.
Otherwise, the sales at ISU, DOT, or the one I mentioned might be what
you're looking for.  Probably not the Super Computer Sale.  It seems like a
lot of stuff is posted in the Register.  If you don't subscribe (like me),
you frequently hear about sales when it's too late.

On 4/12/06, Brandon Griffis <brandongriffis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/12/06, Anthony Jeffries <ajeffri at loopysite.org> wrote:
>
> > Regarding computer sales, the best place for cheap new stuff is online.
> > Offline, there's the various surplus sales, like ISU Surplus in Ames on
> > Wednesdays from noon to 3. The DOT in Ames also has surplus sales, but
> > they're less frequent, but those are for used/unusual equipment, like
> > Sun Ultras or VAXen. I think there are other sales around. Google is
> > your friend here.
> >
> > Also, watch the local user group mailing lists. People are always trying
> >
> > to get rid of old computer stuff.
> >

> Google is great, but it's hard to find computer shows/sales as so many
> websites use those words without actually having any info.
> froogle.google.com is great for getting deals on most stuff, but
> unfortunately what I'm looking for is something that is normally only cheap
> at a computer show/sale.  Patch panels.  Plus I find them kind of fun so I
> just thought I'd ask.  Coming from Chicago where there was a computer
> show/sale about once every 2-3 months.
>
> Thanks,
> Gamble

Tim