[Cialug] Iowa Computer shows/sales?

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:09:33 CDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Anthony Jeffries <ajeffri at loopysite.org> wrote:

> Regarding computer sales, the best place for cheap new stuff is online.
> Offline, there's the various surplus sales, like ISU Surplus in Ames on
> Wednesdays from noon to 3. The DOT in Ames also has surplus sales, but
> they're less frequent, but those are for used/unusual equipment, like
> Sun Ultras or VAXen. I think there are other sales around. Google is
> your friend here.
>
> Also, watch the local user group mailing lists. People are always trying
> to get rid of old computer stuff.

Google is great, but it's hard to find computer shows/sales as so many
websites use those words without actually having any info.
froogle.google.com is great for getting deals on most stuff, but
unfortunately what I'm looking for is something that is normally only cheap
at a computer show/sale.  Patch panels.  Plus I find them kind of fun so I
just thought I'd ask.  Coming from Chicago where there was a computer
show/sale about once every 2-3 months.

Thanks,
Gamble