[Cialug] gemsvnc, x11vnc

Kendall Bailey krbailey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:53:42 CST 2005

I've looked at x0rfbserver, which I believe was the first such tool.
Then found x11vnc and then gemsvnc which is documented here

http://www.elilabs.com/~rj/gemsvnc/README.gemsvnc.html

It sounded like a big improvement to x11vnc.  I hadn't seen
x0vncserver.  All of them appear to have the same purpose.  And then
I'm also aware of KDE having built-in desktop sharing which uses the
rfb protocol.  But my brother is using gnome.  Just curious which of
these many tools people have found good or bad.

Thanks,
Kendall