[Cialug] Electronic carillon help

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Jun 16 10:23:30 CDT 2005

KDE supports a native kiosk mode.  Just google around, there are lots of
different HOWTOs.  At the time that I did it, however, the kiosk mode
was not secure enough.  So I set inittab to force X to start up with
mozilla set as the window manager.  Mozilla was running in full screen
mode with the server push page as the home page.  That way, even if they

rebooted the box, it came right back to where they left off.

I also physically locked the machine up and removed the keyboard.
No one hacked it for the duration of the convention.  I was proud.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>>dave at 58ghz.net 06/16/05 10:09 am >>>
Kiosk mode? Got any more information on this?

--

Open Source Information Systems (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr. <dave at osis.us>