[Cialug] What's your modem?

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Mon Aug 1 08:52:51 CDT 2005

 I just got a 701... and personally, while it seems to work ok, after
some line conditioning, a couple of changes at the CO and a firmware
upgrade, I'd say that I prefer the old white (1525su) that I had at my
old house.

My 701 had the wifi enabled by default. Also, when you look at the
config, it didn't show the default settings in the configuration fields
until after I changed them. That lended itself to a very embarassing
troubleshooting session. Granted, it told me in the paragraph of text
above the config fields, but that isn't very intuitive...

Its seems to work ok now, -but it could be a lot friendlier to set up.

I've had experience with the Qwest folks flipping out when you forget
and tell them you are running Linux... Typically, if I'm talking to them
on the phone, I plug in a windows laptop, or  I just "don't tell them"
I'm running linux and translate what ever they tell me to do into
"Linux"...

Open Source Information Systems (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr. <dave at osis.us>
641.485.1606