[Cialug] What's your modem?

Tom Poe tompoe at fiai.net
Mon Aug 1 08:57:20 CDT 2005

D. Joe Anderson offered the following on 08/01/2005 08:32 AM:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 02:34:05PM -0500, Jon Clemons wrote:
>

>>I told them to go ahead and if it did fix it then I would bill
>>them since they couldn't figure it out themselves:) In every
>>single case when they switched DSLAM ports it immediately
>>fixed the problem.
>

> So, did you bill them?

Oooh!  Good question.  Better, can someone post the address where we
send bills to Qwest?  Say, how about a coop.  Everyone sends their bills
to the coop, and once or twice a year, a collective bill is sent for
payment?

A 20 minute unannounced downtime for $.35, times however many affected,
and the payment directed from the coop towards a community project, like
WiFi, or something.
Tom

--
Open Studios, Charles City, Iowa, USA