[Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

Claus cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:00:30 -0500

Quite simple if it's a newer home.  Phone and TV cable are wired in a
star fashion so that in the basement there is one location where all the
wires get connected to each others.  Kind of like the breaker box for
outlets and light.  In my case it's even right besides the breaker box.

While I don't have VoIP I do route the phone from outside directly into
the DSL modem and then take the filtered phone-out of the modem and
distribute it throughout the house.