[Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

Alan Maupin cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:58:34 -0500

I wonder how difficult it is to disconnect the quest line from my home?

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-admin@cialug.org [mailto:cialug-admin@cialug.org] On Behalf Of
n00b
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:27 PM
To: cialug@cialug.org
Subject: RE: [Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

you can have 2 seperate lines on my adapter (linksys pap2). check the
configuration of whatever device you get as to how many lines it supports.

i have all the phones in my house on the same line on my pap2. this was
easy for me (sine i have cable). with cable, you just disconnect qwests
lines from your phone network terminal outside, getting rid of any voltage
that could be coming in from them, then plug a cord into your phone
adapter and the other end into a wall jack. any phone that was on the same
line as that jack should have dialtone. with dsl i'm not sure how you'd do
this same setup except for running new phone wires everywhere in your
home. i use a cordless so its kinda like the benifit of wifi. no need to
run extra wires.

hope this helps. if you want a more through explanation on how to do a
better setup look in vonages help pages.

neal