[Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

James Shoemaker cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:51:52 -0500

Alan Maupin wrote:
> I wonder how difficult it is to disconnect the quest line from my home?

	Just unplut your house from qwest at the network interface (that gray
box on the side of your house), there is part that can be opened by the
consumer, inside it there is a standard phone plug connecting your house
to the network, unplug it and you just disconnected your house.  This is
also good to test if a phone problem is inside or outside your house,
just unplug your house and plug in a phone.  If the problem is inside
your house the phone you plug in will work and you get to diagnose the
problem inside your house, otherwise call qwest and have them fix the line.

James