[Cialug] OT: Management Recruiters (was: Farming of e-mail addresses)

Josh More cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:30:38 -0500

The basic approach in DSaR is to choose a company instead of having
them choose you.  Then research the company, determine their needs,
and sell yourself to the high level people.

For my job, I got the contact to the executives via a friend.  Did
some research into what they needed, wrote some white papers on
what I thought could help with their business, met with them (several
times) and got hired.

This approach is more rewarding than just sending out resumes and cover
letters, as you feel you are doing something.  It also bypasses HR,
which gives you a greater chance of actually being hired.  Once the
executives like you, it just gets down to being able to prove that you
can bring in more money than they pay you.  That's actually not that
hard to do.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP
 morej@alliancetechnologies.net