[Cialug] OT: Management Recruiters (was: Farming of e-mail addresses)

Major Stubble cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:14:13 -0500

I don't know if this came up yet or not.  Don't bother using
http://www.desmoineshelpwanted.com.  Most businesses that use that
site have an HR page that you can visit (think insurance companies).
If you do use the site, don't put your information online through
them.  You will only get responses from companies like TEK Systems.
This isn't a *bad* thing.  It simply is that companies like TEK
Systems are more the 'head hunter' route, and they rarely have jobs
prior to interviewing you.

That being said, if you would like to try TEK Systems anyway, I have
some contacts information that may be useful (contact me off list).

Josh, could you enlighten me on which parts of _Don't Send a Resume_
were particularly insightful for you?

-Nick