[Cialug] UPS Batteries

Tom Pohl cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:33:04 -0500

I concur with both the high level of customer service and low
confidence in their battery testing ability.   I don't think their
equipment is really geared to test very large batteries like those of
bigger UPSes.

My rule of thumb, if the UPS battery is 2-3 years old and you're having
power issues, replace the battery and don't bother testing it :)

-Tom