[Cialug] UPS Batteries

Don Cady cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:31:11 -0500

Even knowing the load on your setup, the best they could probably do is a
rough calculation. And in the end it'll still be a Your Mileage May Vary
situation. They seem to make their money on watch and cell batteries with
most of their equipment geared accordingly.
Some UPS batteries I've gotten there also had shorter run times, now that I
think about it, but I've always chaulked it up to me (and others..) plugging
in 'more than average' loads on the units.

Sorry to be a dittohead, but I've also had good customer service experiences
with them. Just last week I took back a cell batt. after (having it a week)
I figured out it was the phone instead. They took it back with no questions
asked. (actually, the clerk had his mouth open to ask... when I railed
through how I'd determined it was the phone. He accepted that, and there
were no q's)

I also bought a replacement cycle batt. 2 yrs ago from them, and I've gotta
say, I'm _happy_ that again this spring I didn't have to recharge it-it
started right up. Only 2yrs? yah, I know-but I'm still happy about it. :)

Don