[Cialug] OT: USB Issues

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Jul 6 22:23:53 UTC 2022

My understanding is that nVidia GPUs can be "made to work" for gaming on
Linux, while AMD GPUs "just work". Steam & AMD did a lot of work on the
open source AMD GPU drivers for the Steam Deck launch while nVidia is stuck
with the proprietary drivers.

I've got a couple of desktops with nVidia cards and I had to disable the
proprietary drivers because they were just too unstable. I don't really
game or do much with 3D so no big deal for me - the performance of the open
source nVidia drivers is good enough for me.