[Cialug] CentOS upgrades

Dan Ramaley dan at ramaley.net
Thu Jan 27 23:41:26 UTC 2022

Seconded.

Oracle is cheaper. (It just feels so wrong to type that sentence
though.) But their updates always have a lag of a few weeks to a month
or so behind RHEL. For most updates, no big deal, but for security
updates that *is* kind of a big deal. And also, Oracle doesn't seem to
know how to keep a repository online reliably. Back when i supported
Oracle Linux i ended up standing up my own mirror of their repo (and
scheduled it to sync nightly) so that i had something i could rely on
during maintenance windows.