[Cialug] Automatic container updates

Adam Shannon adam at ashannon.us
Mon Apr 25 23:10:55 UTC 2022

When building an image Docker and Podman can automatically pull (--pull) a newer revision of a tag. Useful if you're using debian:stable or alpine:3.15 as a base image.

There are some robots (e.g. renovate) that can open pull requests with updated Dockerfile/Podfile contents.

https://docs.podman.io/en/latest/markdown/podman-build.1.html#pull