[Cialug] Code of Conduct?

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Mon May 24 14:12:53 UTC 2021

If we're going to adapt one, I would prefer that we go broad. If there are
folks that are looking for community, we want to make sure we're there to
support them in the most healthy way possible. A Simple "be respectful"
isn't going to provide the air cover folks are looking for.

I would recommend starting with a couple examples of well defined codes of
conduct from larger OS projects and maybe a few local meetups. Here are a
few good ones imho.

https://www.honeycomb.io/honeycomb-user-community-code-of-conduct/
https://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/pages/12061872/Code_of_Conduct/

addressing CoC violations is a challenge everywhere, but being clear about
it in our CoC is critical.
https://reshamas.github.io/managing-our-code-of-conduct/#addressing-violations

I would be willing to step in and help get this off the ground if needed.
Either way, I think this is REALLY important that we treat this with the
seriousness it deserves, and set a high bar at inclusiveness over whatever
the hell the other option is.

-theron