[Cialug] Server Distros

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Mar 27 14:12:55 UTC 2021

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, Dave Hala wrote:

> Yes, I could run my app with docker and make it "portable".... but what
> if I want to run a newer version of apache and php?

The container life cycle is totally independent of the host OS lifecycle,
.. in fact, most of the host OS components that require updating for
variouls reasons in many cases aren't even installed.

Also, security concerns are greatly minized, as the running apps only
interact with the container, which is aguably more secure (vis-a-vie RO
volume monuts, et al) and never interact with the host OS.

	Lee