[Cialug] Server Distros

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Mar 26 18:52:50 UTC 2021

I pondered keeping rhel8 in production and running Fedora in development.
I even spun up a Fedora vm and tried it out.    Following the "develop on
when you run on rule" has worked well for me and I want to continue that
practice.  The stability of Fedora wasn't a consideration, the primary
consideration was that development and production environments must be an
identical match.

I really like Ubuntu, but I just really didn't didn't want to switch over
all my production and development at this time.  When I looked at it, an
additional 5 rhel 8 workstations at $100 each per year, made the choice a
no-brainer, so I just moved everything to RHEL8.

:) Dave