[Cialug] Meeting This Wednesday: introduction to Ghidra

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Sun Jun 6 19:29:56 UTC 2021

I have a half a dozen pi 4's that I use in various appliance type
functions. They are awesome little computers.  I also follow a number of pi
user groups and lot of people use them in cars for things ranging from real
time license plate readers, digital instrumentation, ODBC readers and data
collection,  mapping, music devices, etc.

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 12:55 PM Nicolai <nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 06, 2021 at 06:09:28AM -0500, Patrick Mcgillan wrote:
> > Hi,
> > A few years back, I picked up a computer used in a semi for whatever
> > purposes. Unfortunately, it perished along with everything else when a
> big
> > lightning bolt came down and burned my house to the ground. I am looking
> > for a small form factor computer, that runs off of 12-14 volts. I know
> they
> > are out there but am not searching on the wrong string to find one on
> eBay.
> > Any ideas on a model or better search?
>
> What do you think of the Raspberry Pi 4?
>
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/type-c-power-supply
>
> I have a Rpi 3b+, which is much slower than a 4, but is still
> surprisingly useful.  The Pi4 has a very high PPW ratio:
>
> http://web.eece.maine.edu/~vweaver/group/green_machines.html
>
> Interested to hear what you decide and how it works out.
>
> Nicolai

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us