[Cialug] MySQL grant issue

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Jul 19 18:38:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021, Trent wrote:

> Is the issue that you can't find the config file?  My memory says that theWindows version bounced between calling it my.ini and my.cnf over variousversions, and the file location moved around a lot.
> Or is it that you have the config file but commenting out bind_address doesnothing?

Neither. There is no config file anywhere on that installation (done with
Chocolatey a few years ago). Given it is a production server, however, I
would prefer to not try and create one or muck with the configuration.

As it turns out, the problem is  much weirder:

 * Create a 'remoteroot' account with all priviliges, worked.
 * Renamed THAT account to 'devuser', and it did NOT work!
 * Renamed BACK to remoteroot, and it WORKED again!

Ge figure.

	Thanks all!!

	Lee