[Cialug] Video Conferencing

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Jun 5 14:24:29 UTC 2020

I wonder what i'm doing wrong? I installed Teams on my Debian box and it
is weird. When i run it, it shows up in the process table, but it never
opens a window.

I've tried the browser version too, but when Teams is open in a tab all
other tabs become unusable since it slows the browser so much.

On 6/4/20 10:45 AM, Dave Hala wrote:
> I have to agree with Scott on Teams, I was really surprised...
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 10:40 AM Scott Yates <Scott at yatesframe.com> wrote:
>
>> I will also mention MS Teams as being a very stable and continually
>> improving solution.  If you can get past the MS smell, it is really well
>> done.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 10:38 AM Dave Hala <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I also had the performance issues with the Firefox browser with Jitsi and
>>> GotoMeeting.
>>>
>>> Microsoft Teams works really well in my browser in Linux.

__
Daniel Ramaley
Server Engineer 2, Information Technology Services
Drake University

T: +1-515-271-4540
W: https://www.drake.edu/its