[Cialug] Video Conferencing

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jun 4 20:35:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020, Hakan E. Duran wrote:

> I host a Jitsi server in a docker container and host a video meeting
> weekly for about 5-6 attendees, 2 from US remaining from Turkey.

We are in the 6-10 attendee range; have a 4CPU/4GB VPS, works great. One
of the other chaps is also doing recording, which also works.

The Jitsi UI is much simpler than other platforms, and the only miss is
the webRTC doesn't allow audio capture, but the Jitsi folks built a
workaround for a Chromium tab.

Have been tracking Unstable, much faster updates and bug fixes, no issues
seen yet.

	Lee