[Cialug] Users needed

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 20:27:52 UTC 2020

I think that it's very telling that Brian has not replied on this list, or
the TCLug list (which he CC'ed the original message to) about this.
Considering the fact that he was using the list to plug his business during
regular business hours, 3 hours is plenty of time for him to have seen and
respond. This once again fits with is past behavior -- he tosses his
inappropriate comments out, and then neglects to comment on, or defend them
- this behavior was also pointed out on the TC Lug list.

It's clear to me that Brian either does not understand, or decided not to
care what is and is not appropriate for these mailing lists, despite being
called out on it. At some point, continuing behavior, despite being asked
to stop amounts to deliberate trolling.

As for dues, I am not currently a dues paying member -- anyone know how
much dues are? I do not see that on the website -- and where would someone
that is not able to pay in person send the payment?

Jeff

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:34 PM Rob Cook <rdjcook at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say this covers it, from the CILUG bylaws:  *Section Two: A member
> shall be expelled from this organization upon recommendation of 50% of the
> Executive Committee and upon a 75% vote of the current full members of this
> organization. *
>
> Furter, has Brian paid his dues for the year? If not: *Section One: A
> person shall be a member of this organization upon paying the yearly dues
> at a regular meeting. Their membership shall last one calendar year. The
> dues shall be set at the second regular meeting of the year by vote of the
> entire organization.*
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:17 PM Andrew Denner <linux-list at upeke.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I don't know that we actually have a policy. I just asked the irc/slack
> > channel what people thought. I would not be opposed to either dropping
> the
> > ban hammer, or setting a rule if possible to make him read only.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:08 PM Daniel A. Ramaley <
> > daniel.ramaley at drake.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I was actually on my way to look up policies to see if it would be
> > > reasonable to ask if Brian Wood could be removed from the list but then
> > > got distracted. If he's not removed i'll probably add a filter in my
> > > e-mail client.
> > >
> > > --Dan

> > > __
> > > Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
> > > Information Technology Services | Drake University
> > > T: +1-515-271-4540
> > > W: http://www.drake.edu/its
> >

> --
> Rob Cook
> rdjcook at gmail.com

Jeff Chapin
President, CedarLug, retired
President, UNIPC, "I'll get around to it"
President, UNI Scuba Club
Senator, NISG, retired