[Cialug] Chromium vs. Chrome

Brett Neese brneese at brneese.com
Sat Apr 25 21:10:43 UTC 2020

Again, not sure why you wouldn't trust it when actual security experts
claim it's perfectly secure, in fact, most argue it's the most secure.

The rest is also untrue, you can install ad blockers, turn on DNT, use
NoScript, not connect your Chrome to Google and if you did delete your app
activity. The data Google gets on you is only going to be the diagnostic
data any other app collects -- which is used to make the browser more
secure (and yes, for DRM.)

Note: I'm not defending Google, I use Firefox and have never had a problem
usually because of my content blocking configuration.)

Even so, that's a privacy issue, not a security one.
But if you're having trouble getting websites to work and don't want to use
Chrome, I would just fudge your UA so websites think you're using Chrome.