[Cialug] Chromium vs. Chrome

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Sat Apr 25 20:54:04 UTC 2020

I don't understand what you mean by you can't selectively block js? There
is an option in the settings to disable it.   While I get what you are
saying about the insecurities of Javascript, but it's so prevalent now that
the web is almost useless with JS disabled.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 3:30 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Apr 2020, Jared Brees wrote:
>
> > Perhaps slightly deviating from the original topic, I'm curious about
> > the claim that Chrome is the "most insecure" browser.
> >
> 1) No way to selectively block JS;
> 2) No way to disconnect Google tracking;
> 3) No way to block advertisements;
> 4) Nor really a browser to trust, .. unless you also accept Google.
>
> FF, OTOH, excels at all of those; the downside is that some sites fail to
> render properly.

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us