[Cialug] Chromium vs. Chrome

Jared Brees fromj2sitsme at msn.com
Sat Apr 25 21:08:01 UTC 2020

None of these are security issues - privacy issues perhaps, but not privacy issues.

Also, you can block JS and Ads, so those are moot points.

Firefox has plenty of it's own phone-home stuff built into it's browser, too.

But in terms of actual security - like supporting latest authentication methods and being less-likely to be hacked, Chrome fares way better than Firefox. It's an inconvenient truth.