[Cialug] April Meeting Reminder--Virtual Only

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Apr 7 18:14:59 UTC 2020

I've set up a jitsi meet instance on a DigitalOcean droplet. The cheapest
droplet which gives you 1G RAM didn't look like it would be quite enough
RAM (cpu seemed fine) so I bumped up to a 4G ram droplet. I haven't done a
lot with it yet to know if that'll be enough.

Setting it up wasn't too hard with the docker compose configs at
https://github.com/jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet

One oddity that tripped me up for a while is that the Docker images will
generate a set of config files the first time they boot up base on the .env
file, but they _won't_ overwrite an already existing config.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 11:31 AM Dave Hala <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:

> I could look at doing some integration with it if it works good on a
> windows desktop as well as on android and ios mobile devices.
>

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 11:27 AM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>
> > We've been using Jitsi here, .. had some problems initially when hosting
> > on meet.jit.si, but those went away when we spun up our own VPS to host
> > meetings - something you can NOT do with other services.
> >
> >         Lee
> >

> --
> NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
> https://www.osis.us

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.