[Cialug] Android/Printer Setup

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 06:40:26 UTC 2019

Hey Guys,

I'm so sorry to ask stupid questions again.

(by the way, the wildlife camera you suggested is working great for
security)

Since I am working for a woman, I have to check my sanity.  Yes, the Canon
Pixma 3620 has wifi capability, and yes, Canon has perfectly fine Android
software to handle this (printer undetected by wifi), but shouldn't there
be a hub attached to her cable modem to actually create the LAN?  I'm not
really a hardware guy, but if it were my network, I'd have a hub attached
to it straight away.

So, if anybody has time to spare on this one, I'd sure appreciate some
advice.  You can tell that she wants to print from her phone.  Here in
Santa Fe we can pick up a hub and a couple of ethernet cables for $10...
but we know how ladies are.

-Todd