[Cialug] Using ngrok

Brian Wood woodbrian77 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:50:34 UTC 2019

Shalom

Is anyone using ngrok.com to help them host a service?
I started using it recently in order to have a static ip for
my boutique code generation service.

And more recently I asked them this:

I was wondering if I host my service on a machine that
doesn't have IPv6 support and is IPv4 only, do you know if
someone who is running an IPv6 only machine would be
able to use my server?  So somehow you would bridge IPv6
and IPv4.

Ngrok replied that if you use the default region of ngrok
they bridge IPv6.

So ngrok helps small shops with limited resources to keep
things simple in terms of system administration, and
reach out to people who are on IPv6 only machines.

I'm not associated with ngrok other than being a user, but I give
them two thumbs up.  So far their service has been easy to
use.  I'm particularly interested in those that are, like me,
using ngrok with tcp (rather than http) services.  Tia

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Enjoying programming again.
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwa
<https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards>rds