[Cialug] Won't Boot from Hard Drive

Nicholas Olson nicholas.olson83 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 13:55:27 UTC 2019

I had a very similar situation last year. I’d install Windows or Ubuntu successfully, but then it would say no OS detected. Things I tried were putting the SSD in another machine,verified that it tries to boot the OS, and trying different drives with the same laptop. I did find that if I kept trying, sometimes it would boot through to the OS.  I can’t remember all the things I tried after that, but I do recall that afterward testing and a lot of googling my feeling was that it was a hardware issue (likely sata controller) and gave up on that machine. That machine is still in a box in my basement so if more info is shared on this thread I may just pull it out and try again.

Sent from my iPhone