[Cialug] letsencrypt

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Sat Jul 27 22:20:52 UTC 2019

I'm working on a rhel8 server with two apache ssl hosts. (same ip).    I
ran acme.sh to issue two letsencrypt certificates.  One for
www.junipercm.net and one for *.junipercm.net.   In hindsight I probably
should have only requested *.junipercm.net

When I goto the site www.junipercm.net,  It reports the correct
certificate. The certificate details show:

DNS Name=*.junipercm.net
DNS Name=sni.cloudflaressl.com
DNS Name=junipercm.net

When I goto the test.junipercm.net it reports the following:

DNS Name=www.junipercm.net
DNS Name=sni.cloudflaressl.com
DNS Name=junipercm.net

It looks like  www.junipercm.net is using the wildcard cert and
test.junipercm.net is using the www.junipercm.net certificate.

Here's the vhost config www.junipercm.net.  test.junipercm.net is identical
but with a different document root.

<VirtualHost *:443>

   SSLEngine On
   SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/httpd.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/httpd.key

   ServerName www.junipercm.net
   ServerAlias junipercm.net
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/www.junipercm.net"

   ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/junipercm_error.log
   CustomLog /var/log/httpd/junipercm.log combined

</VirtualHost>

This doesn't make any sense. It's configured to use the cert in
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ , but that isn't the cert it's using.  There must be a
config file somewhere that was created by acme.sh that is overriding what
is in the vhost, but I can't figure out where it is.  Anyone have any ideas?

:) Dave
--
NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us