[Cialug] [tclug-list] Project Trident

Hakan E. Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 03:16:03 UTC 2019

Hi Brian,

This is waht I found on Project Trident Download page. Short answer, did
you try to install it from FreeBSD port collection instead of pkg?

Good luck,

Hakan

------Pasted text------

If the package does not appear on the list

    See if a port exists for FreeBSD using freshports.org
        No Port: You can follow the FreeBSD Porters Handbook to create a new port, and then submit it either to FreeBSD or to TrueOS. Once accepted by either project, the port will become available by Project Trident a short time later.
    See if the port is failing to build by looking at the port build logs.
        Note that all the package build are iterative - so if the latest build has no record of it you may need to look at previous builds to find the job that tried to build the package.
        Bug ticket and fixes for ports can both be submitted to the TrueOS Ports repository
        If a port build option needs to be changed, you can submit changes to the Project Trident package settings on the trident-build repository.

------End of pasted text--------