[Cialug] AntiX root password

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 20:00:03 UTC 2019

What I ended up doing was using the demo password to create a new user when
running as a "live" cd.
I ran the installer again as the new user, during the install it asks if
you want to save changes to the installation.
 I marked that check box and continued on to where it asks for a new root
password(that it will not except) and
canceled out off the installer. I rebooted the vm from the disk image and
to my surprise I was greeted with the login for my new user.

I'm now reading up on how to remaster antix so I can gain more space by
getting rid of stuff I'll never use.
I have an old wyse box I'm trying to recycle for shop use, 1gb of ram and
4gb ide ssd. The way it is now I have 900mb of free space with a
 3.5gb partition and 512mb swap partition.