[Cialug] Website testing

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Apr 8 18:21:58 UTC 2019

A HTTP server should (almost) never "resolve" URLs inside static web pages.
It just transfers files from the disk to the client. If your hosts file on
the client isn't working to direct traffic from the client to the new
server you need to look into that. The hosts file on the server is
irrelevant.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:13 AM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Jared Brees wrote:
>
> > I second the sentiment that if sed -i is "not on a production server",
> > than NONE of it should be done on a production server.
> >
> You ALL are totally missing the point and heading off into lala land! We
> have to MOVE the production server, and I am looking for way to test
> before we put it into service.
>
> The fact that it is crap code is immaterial, .. so changing production
> code is a non-starter and not in any way related to the original topic.
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         Lee

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.