[Cialug] Password managers

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu May 24 15:47:37 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Scott Yates <Scott at yatesframe.com> wrote:

> I use LP across FF and Chrome as well, and it works well for the most part,
> but unfortunately it does not fill basic auth on ANY browser currently.  I
> have had a ticket  open with them for over a year, and they just refuse to
> fix this issue.

Refuse to fix, or can't fix? Everything that I've seen indicates that basic
auth filling was a feature that browsers broke, not LastPass.

> Their faq seems to indicate that basic auth works with Chrome, but at least
> with windows that is not the case.

Unfortunately that FAQ entry is undated so it wouldn't surprise me if it
was out of date.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.