[Cialug] VDI missing files?

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:05:33 UTC 2018

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:42:14 PM CDT L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Believe it or not, I booted the machine and managed to get the OTHER disk
> to run, so I disconnected the one I copied the VDI last weekend and
> copying the copy on the other disk now.
>
> Will advise!

I claim no expertise but had some good luck with ddrescue in the past for recovering data from a corrupting HDD. I used the guidance from the following link:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Disk_cloning

You probably already considered this and I am not sure if it is applicable to your problem, but I just wanted to mention it.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hakan