[Cialug] VDI missing files?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Apr 19 23:42:14 UTC 2018

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Kyle H wrote:

> Could the data be cached somewhere?

That is my fear, .. VirtualBox was running the VM, and if the RAID
underneath the VDI goes RO I am afraid the VB would cache data waiting for
the array to go back RW.

> I like data recovery projects. What was running on the vm? Did you have
> any mapped drives, vb shared folders, perhaps?

Win7 was the OS, the data partition/VDI had the shares folks were using.

Believe it or not, I booted the machine and managed to get the OTHER disk
to run, so I disconnected the one I copied the VDI last weekend and
copying the copy on the other disk now.

Will advise!

	Thanks!!

	Lee