[Cialug] NTFS in hiberhated state

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sun Nov 26 17:35:32 UTC 2017

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017, kristau wrote:

> I believe ntfsfix is the Linux utility you're looking for. Not
> surewhich package it is part of, but I think it is in the ntfs-3g
> package?

I had looked at it in the past, but it seemed more oriented to bad sectors
and 'dirty' unmount:

Usage: ntfsfix [options] device
    Attempt to fix an NTFS partition.

    -b, --clear-bad-sectors Clear the bad sector list
    -d, --clear-dirty       Clear the volume dirty flag
    -h, --help              Display this help
    -n, --no-action         Do not write anything
    -V, --version           Display version information

My concern is that the 'suspend' status might introduce other issues?

	Lee