[Cialug] Displays

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 18:53:47 UTC 2017

Your surface has a 12" 2k screen. If you want similar "pixel density" on a
desktop screen you'd probably have to get a 4k display. Not sure if that
would be worth it, depends on how picky you.

I recently got an Asus 27" 1080p IPS display, I think it looks really good.
It will get very bright if you crank the settings all the way up. It has a
matte non-reflective display, which I prefer over glossy screens. That will
look a bit different from the reflective display the touch screen has on
the Surface.

I got mine from the "open box" section of newegg, so I saved a bit. The
monitor appeared to be 100% new and un-opened, which has usually been the
case when I order from the "open box" deals, ymmv. Here's the link for it
in the new products section.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2W2-000Y-00008&cm_re=VP279Q-P-_-2W2-000Y-00008-_-Product

-dc