[Cialug] Password vaults

Matt Stanton matt at itwannabe.com
Mon May 22 18:50:15 UTC 2017

Yeah, mobile devices can be iffy.  My phone (a Verizon LG V10) works perfectly with my Mooltipass Mini using a little 6" micro-to-micro USB-OTG cable.  That, of course, depends on your Android version, and sometimes depends on changes the phone manufacturer or the mobile company make to their version of Android (ROM).  I would venture to say that most mid-to-high-end smartphones and tablets can use USB-OTG to attach the Mooltipass as a standard USB HID keyboard.  Unfortunately old devices and devices used by companies may not support, or may have been designed to not support USB OTG devices.

If you grab a USB-A jack to microUSB-OTG cable and can get a USB keyboard to work with the tablets/phones, then the Mooltipass would also be supported.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my android device.