[Cialug] Hosting

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Thu Mar 16 17:00:27 CDT 2017

For what it's worth, i've been very happy with Linode. I've been with
them for a few years. Their service is excellent. It is e-mail based,
but the few interactions i've had with them were resolved within hours.
    https://www.linode.com/pricing

On 2017-03-16 16:50, Josh More wrote:
> There is no such thing as concrete pricing on AWS.  There are too many
> moving parts.
>
> I use Rackspace and the Infobunker for my VM's and physical hosts.  My
> clients that need flexibility more than low-cost are very happy with AWS
> ... but you have to be okay with price fluctuations.
>
> -Josh
>
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:44 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>
>> Folks here had recommended ChicagoVPS for a decent sized dedicated server
>> (substational e-commerce site), .. but I have to say do NOT deal with
>> them! Tool over two weeks to get provisioned, .. then I looked today to
>> try and login again, and the instance shows "Terminated"!
>>
>> In addition, I have two tickets open for almost three weeks.
>>
>> The only thing good is the cost ($50 for 200GB/4 core/16GB), but without
>> any support and the flakey setup it can't be recommended.
>>
>> AWS was mentioned, but it's hard to find any concrete pricing info for
>> such a simple configuration.
>>
>>         Lee

__
Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services | Drake University
T: +1 (515) 271-4540
W: http://its.drake.edu/