[Cialug] git issue - changing username on central repo

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jan 19 09:01:44 CST 2017

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017, Pixie wrote:

> Alas, beyond that all I can suggest is what you have undoubtedly already
> done: double-checking that you're creating the directory on the server
> as the _svn user, `git init --bare`ing it on the server as the _svn
> user, and that you've spelled the directory name the same both on the
> server and when adding it as a new remote to the client (you've got both
> "dbtcp" and "dbctp" in your original post, and I don't know if those are
> supposed to be different or not).

So, you suggesting that somehow git saves the ID of the user that created
the repo? Never would have thought about that, .. did a quick grep -r <old
user> in dbtcp, and none found?

If that is true, how does one change the user in git? I'm pretty sure the
only place any ID is saved is an email address, right?

[dbtcp letter transpositions are all on me - the actual paths have been
verified.]

	Thanks!!

	Lee