[Cialug] git issue - changing username on central repo

Pixie pix at kepibu.org
Thu Jan 19 00:48:27 CST 2017

On 2017.01.18 17:30, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2017, Pixie wrote:
>
>> Are you doing `git init` on the server, or are you doing `git init --bare`?
>>
> The server is existing, .. has worked just fine for a long time.
>
> Tried to allow another user with group permissions, DNW. Tried switching
> both of us to a common user, works with the existng work directory, but
> *NOT* on a new one!

Ah, sorry, I was dashing out the door and remembered there being an
important difference betwixt init and init --bare, but misremembered
what the important difference was.

Alas, beyond that all I can suggest is what you have undoubtedly already
done: double-checking that you're creating the directory on the server
as the _svn user, `git init --bare`ing it on the server as the _svn
user, and that you've spelled the directory name the same both on the
server and when adding it as a new remote to the client (you've got both
"dbtcp" and "dbctp" in your original post, and I don't know if those are
supposed to be different or not).