[Cialug] Mediacom DesMoines

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Feb 15 07:29:26 CST 2017

You don't want to run anything "production" on  a mediacom business
account.. at least not in my area. The "business service" is not what
I would consider business class.  In my experience, If are you running
a business critical infrastructure, Mediacom is a  poor choice.

If you can tolerate lots of intermittent down time, random heavy
packet loss and the inability to fix a documented intermittent line
noise problem for the last two years,  If you can tolerate your
service being randomly disconnected 4 times in one year because your
business is in a residential area and the techs that audit service in
the area don't have access to a "business customer" database so they
disconnect you because your address isn't in the "residential service
database".  If you can tolerate random outrages because someone
refuses to performance maintenance on a UPS device.  If you can
tolerate random maintenance and upgrades that regularly break things,
(and they refuse to notify you in advance) then maybe Mediacom is for
you.

Maybe I'm biased. Maybe its just my particular experience. Maybe its
because my backside still hurts. When someone says: Mediacom Business
or Mediacom Enterprise Business.  I just cringe.

:) Dave