[Cialug] Mediacom DesMoines

Adam Hill adam at diginc.us
Mon Feb 13 16:39:45 CST 2017

> after you grab a DHCP address for your firewall box or router, set it as
static

In my experience your DHCP addressed IP will stick for equally as long as
this setup unless you somehow wipe out your DHCP lease, change hardware, or
something along those lines.

Hardware changes or periods of being offline (and someone else stealing
your previously leased IP) are the things that'll change your IP AFAIK.

RE Dyndns: Pretty sure CloudFlare does free DNS with dyndns support?
Haven't used it since I'm using namecheap's dyndns; lots of domain
registrars provide dyndns for free now.  Just write up a ddclient.conf and
leave it running.