[Cialug] Mediacom DesMoines

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:35:20 CST 2017

YMMV may vary with your ISP, but personally I wouldn't recommend setting a
static IP on your router in a dynamically assigned range. If they do
something that resets their dynamic pool, your IP may get reassigned, and
you'll have a conflict.

Best bet is to keep your router on and active all of the time, you might
also do some kind of keepalive so it sends a packet once every 5 minutes or
something.

-dc