[Cialug] Critical alert system

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:07:48 CST 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>  * Neither are open source;
>  * $100/mo for a team of three is pretty steep.
>
> Looking at handling it with an IVR tree to handle it on our PBX.

I've looked at doing this as well, but realized that:

1) When I need an escalation chain, I *really* need an escalation
chain and it can't fail.
and
2) I didn't trust my self-hosted FreePBX instance enough to do the
right thing and to always work.

So, I've been moving all of my monitoring over to Logic Monitor, which
handles email, sms, voice, and webhook alerts natively, and much more
reliably than I could ever accomplish myself. Yes, it's more expensive
than self-hosting, but in my case it's worth the cost.

...just another option. May not be right for everyone.

-EA