[Cialug] Apple datacenter in Waukee

Jarrod Igou jarrod.igou at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:25:41 UTC 2017

Last paragraph in the article linked above:

The Apple deal is strictly tax breaks, unlike a controversial deal for
Foxconn currently being debated in Wisconsin
<https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/08/wisconsin-lawmakers-vote-to-pay-foxconn-3-billion-to-get-new-factory/>.
That deal, which has not yet been approved by the legislature, promises
Foxconn as much as $2.85 billion in cash payments from Wisconsin taxpayers
in return for building a liquid-crystal display plant.

Iowa isn't paying Apple $200M to locate there. The state is missing out on
a chunk of taxes that they'd get without those subsidies, but I'd guess the
taxes they WILL get are more than 2,000 acres of farm land would generate.

Jarrod Igou
jarrod.igou at gmail.com
Mobile:  515-480-1315